Issue imported from tracker.freecad.org/view.php?id=0004765
- Reporter: QuellaZhang
- Date submitted: 2021-10-15
- FreeCAD version:
- Category: Bug
- Status: acknowledged
The MSVC team recently added FreeCAD as part of RWC testing to detect compiler regressions. And we found some errors when building FreeCAD with ‘/permissive-‘ and ‘/std:c++latest’ option. Can you help to fix these issues? Thanks.
I noticed that some of these errors are come from Boost library, and these issue have been fixed on Boost latest version. After I fixed Boost errors, more errors were exposed by the project itself.
- open VS2019 x64 tools command
- git clone github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD.git F:\gitP\FreeCAD\FreeCAD
- download github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/releases/tag/LibPack_12.5.2 F:\gitP\FreeCAD\tools\FreeCADLibs_12.5.2_x64_VC17
- mkdir F:\gitP\FreeCAD\FreeCAD\build_amd64 && cd F:\gitP\FreeCAD\FreeCAD\build_amd64
- set CL= /permissive- or set CL= /std:c++latest
- set PATH=F:\gitP\FreeCAD\tools\FreeCADLibs_12.5.2_x64_VC17\bin;%PATH%
- set PATH=F:\gitP\FreeCAD\tools\FreeCADLibs_12.5.2_x64_VC17\bin\Scripts;%PATH%
- cmake -G “Visual Studio 16 2019” -A x64 -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=10.0.18362.0 -DFREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR=F:\gitP\FreeCAD\tools\FreeCADLibs_12.5.2_x64_VC17 -DBUILD_FEM_NETGEN=OFF -DFREECAD_RELEASE_PDB=OFF -DFREECAD_RELEASE_SEH=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
- msbuild /m /p:Platform=x64 /p:Configuration=Release FreeCAD.sln /t:Rebuild
- Priority: normal
- Severity: minor
- Category: Bug
- Updated: 2021-12-22
Thank you for the report — we’ll look into these issues.
github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commit/833868bd1394862f6fab079fa74685f09675129a fixes one of the issues.
github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commit/6ad156b6b77 fixes another one
and another one: github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commit/5fba9cec
Read more here: Source link