I just upgraded to Kubuntu 22.10, the update was successful completely minus FFmpeg.
Things I’ve tried:
- Install an older FFmpeg from Ubuntu sources
- Install master FFmpeg from source
- Install FFmpeg 5.1.2 from source
- Install FFmpeg 5.0.1 from source
- Install older libav stuff from Ubuntu sources
- Reinstall current FFmpeg from Ubuntu sources
This always results in the same thing:
ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.59: undefined symbol: vaSyncBuffer
It seems as if some other dependency of FFmpeg is calling libavcodec59 and is having issues with it
Things I cannot do:
libva2, as there are too many dependencies
I do have some amdgpu drivers installed, so let me know if you need to know more about them.
Ubuntu - 22.10 Kinetic Kudu (Kubuntu) kernel - 5.19.0-23-generic libva2 - 2.15.0-1
Read more here: Source link