pacman – How to deal with missing libcrypt.so.1 on Arch Linux?
How do you deal with a missing libcrypt.so.1 on ArchLinux?
Trying to run openoffic4 (the LibreOffice binary) results in:
/opt/openoffice4/program/javaldx: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypt.so.1 does indeed not exist. There is, however:
└[/usr/lib]> ls -al libcrypt* lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Dec 18 11:31 libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.1.1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2999144 Dec 18 11:31 libcrypto.so.1.1 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Feb 3 12:16 libcryptsetup.so -> libcryptsetup.so.12.7.0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Feb 3 12:16 libcryptsetup.so.12 -> libcryptsetup.so.12.7.0 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 484192 Feb 3 12:16 libcryptsetup.so.12.7.0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Feb 2 08:12 libcrypt.so -> libcrypt.so.2.0.0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Feb 2 08:12 libcrypt.so.2 -> libcrypt.so.2.0.0 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 165824 Feb 2 08:12 libcrypt.so.2.0.0
Simply creating a new symlink to libcrypt.so.1 fails as this is the incorrect version:
/opt/openoffice4/program/javaldx: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.1: version `GLIBC_2.2.5' not found (required by /opt/openoffice4/program/libuno_sal.so.3) /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice.bin: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.1: version `GLIBC_2.2.5' not found (required by /opt/openoffice4/program/libuno_sal.so.3)
I’ve tried to see what package provides libcrypt.so.1 using pacman -F:
core/glibc 2.33-5 [installed: 2.35-2] usr/lib/libcrypt.so.1 core/lib32-glibc 2.33-5 [installed: 2.35-2] usr/lib32/libcrypt.so.1 community/aarch64-linux-gnu-glibc 2.34-1 usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/libcrypt.so.1 community/riscv64-linux-gnu-glibc 2.32-1 (risc-v) usr/riscv64-linux-gnu/lib/libcrypt.so.1
The two latter are not applicable to me as the architecture is different.
Reinstalling glibc and lib32-glibc didn’t resolve my issue. Moreover, checking with pacman -Ql to see if the file in question (libcrypt.so.1) is actually present in glibc and lib32-glibc, doesn’t show it exist.
This problem appears to have occurred after an update which pulled in a newer version of glibc:
[ALPM] upgraded glibc (2.33-5 -> 2.35-2)
I’ve also tried to simply reinstall libreoffice. Nothing changes.
Read more here: Source link